Wild Inside Baking Instructions
Expand the links below for more Wild Inside Bake Set information
Tips on how to bake the eight layers:
BAKE the 8 layer cake:
NOTE: To make the 8 layers, you will need to bake in each pan two times.
- Lightly grease the large 10" cake pan in the Wild Inside Baking Set. Prepare the batter according to the directions on the box. Pour in 8 cups of prepared batter into the large 10" cake pan.
- Bake the large cake at 335° (which is 15 degrees lower than what the cake mix recipe calls for) for approximately 25 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick. Place on cooling rack and let cool for 30 minutes. When pan is cool, repeat process for other large layer.
- While large cake layer is baking, prepare the inside ombre layers.
- Lightly grease the three small layer pans. In 6 small bowls, place 1/2 cup of prepared batter in each.
- Add food coloring to each bowl. To achieve the ombre shades double the amount of color for every consecutive bowl. For example: 3 drops yellow, 1 drop red in bowl one. Bowl two gets 6 drops yellow and 2 drops red. Repeat.
- Bake first three layers at 300° F for 5-10 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick. Place on cooling rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Once pans are cool, repeat process for other three layers.
NOTE: For best results, freeze the layers overnight before assembling.
ASSEMBLE the 8 layer cake:
- Prepare a simple syrup to act as glue between layers. (1 part water to 1 part sugar, boiled until the sugar is dissolved, you can add flavorings like vanilla or almond if you want, but you don’t have to).
- Place bottom layer on cake stand with indentation facing up. Arrange layers inside indentation, using your pastry brush to brush simple syrup between each layer. Be sure to align evenly.
- Place large layer with indentation over the top of the small six layers.
- Crumb coat and frost as normal.