1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar Substitute (BochaSweet or Erythritol)
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
1/2 Lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
4 Ounces cream cheese, cold
3/4 cup heavy cream (6 oz.)
1/4 Cup Erythritol, Sukrin, or Swerve Confectioners
1/4 tsp. Vanilla or Vanilla Bean to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 5"x3" Fat Daddio's cake pan.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the coconut flakes, and mix until combined.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until firm when lightly pressed. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool, or chill in the fridge completely before frosting.
- Once the cake is frosted press unsweetened coconut flakes around the sides.
- Add decorative accents using the remaining icing.
Icing: In a stand mixer, whip the cream cheese for a few seconds to soften. Add sugar substitute and whip. Add in the cream a little at a time until mixed, then whip until frosting is fluffy.
Look for more Dangerously Sweet recipes on The Miesha Tate Show or on Fat Daddio's Youtube channel.