He was in a jam!
Top 5 Things to Do With All Those Strawberries
- Clean them (so they'll last a while) ~ soak with 1 part vinegar to 10 parts water, rinse and spin with a salad spinner. Store on a flat layer of paper-towels in the refrigerator.
- Freeze them (buy some extras) ~ clean them according to #1. Lay on single layer on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat. Freeze for 20 minutes. Remove and place in zipper bag. Freeze.
- Bake them ~ shortcake, pie, cheesecake, tarts. Here is my favorite Strawberry Tart recipe. Pretty enough to be a centerpiece.
- Drink them ~ infused water (add the stems too), champagne-soaked, lemonade, daiquiris and smoothies.
- Dip them ~ can't go wrong with chocolate dipped. But have you thought about yogurt dipped? Or perhaps Nutella?
Get great Summer Baking recipes