This is my favorite last minute meal. It's simple to put together, and takes little time to bake.
Balsamic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
1/8 cup balsamic oil, plus more for cooking chicken and peppers
1 cup chicken, diced (or use a rotisserie chicken or leftovers)
1 cup bell peppers (colors of your choice), diced. If you’re in a hurry, frozen works too!
1 cup raw spinach
2 cups cheese, mozzarella or a pizza or Italian mix works best
- Spray pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray (Baker’s Joy recommended). Preheat oven to the recommended temperature on your pizza crust (425-450° is typical).
- Lightly oil a skillet and put on medium-high heat. Add raw chicken and cook. (Or shred leftover chicken and add to skillet). When chicken is near done, splash with balsamic oil and add peppers. Finish cooking and pull from heat.
- Roll out pizza crust on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to sheet pan or pizza pan. Crust can be as thin or thick as you prefer (1/8" to ¼" is pretty typical).
- Evenly pour balsamic oil over the crust. This is replacing the typical red sauce, so use as much or little as you want (recommended amount is above, but feel free to change to your own taste).
- Sprinkle some of the reserved cheese over the surface. Follow with chicken, peppers, and spinach evenly spread out over the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes. Pull from oven, cool for 5 minutes. Use pizza cutter to slice. Serve.
For more inspiration, visit our Pizza Pinterest board.