Ever notice how young kids won't eat a banana once it gets a few brown spots? It drives me crazy! I hate to see waste. So, as they say, "when life gives you spotted bananas, bake banana bread!"
Quick Tip: Freeze ripe bananas until you are ready to bake. Remove peel, mash and pop into a freezer bag.
Mini Banana Breads
1/2 stick butter, softened
2 or 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour loaf pans, set aside.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are blended together.
- Pour the dough into loafs, filling 1/2 way. Bake for 25 minutes. Check breads center with a toothpick. Bread should be pulling away from the sides.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool on wire rack.
- After they have cooled for 5 or 10 minutes the loaves can be removed from the pan to cool. Once they are cool they can be individually wrapped and frozen.
Recipe adapted from The Fresh Loaf
For more inspiration, visit our Bread Pinterest board.