Takes some time, but well worth the wait!
Rolling pin (Fat Daddio's RPP)
Sheet pan (Fat Daddio's SP)
Spatula (Fat Daddio's SPAT)
1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup margarine
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine, softened
8 tablespoons margarine
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
- For the rolls: dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, margarine salt, eggs, and flour, mix well.
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour.
- Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until it is approx 21" long by 16" wide.
- It should be approx 1/4" thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the filling: combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the softened margarine over the surface of the dough, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon evenly over the surface.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge.
- Cut the dough into 1 3/4 inch slices, and place in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For the icing: beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.
Be inspired: Fat Daddio's Cookbook