Eggs, 4 ea
Vegetable oil, 6 oz
Granulated sugar, 8 oz
Brown Sugar, 6 oz
Salt, ½ tsp
All-purpose flour, 9 oz
Cinnamon, 1 ½ tbsp
Baking soda, ¾ tsp
Carrots, 1 ¼ lb (peeled and grated)
Walnuts, 4 oz (toasted) -optional
Baking powder, ¼ tsp
Vanilla, 1 tsp
1. Mix eggs with sugars, vanilla, add oil, bring it to a ribbon stage.
2. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
4. Add carrots and walnuts, mix.
5. Grease and flour a 10” x 2” round cake pan and line with parchment (Fat Daddio’s PRD-102).
6. Bake in oven at 325 degrees F.
7. Invert over a wire rack, remove parchment, invert again and allow to cool completely.