Watch Miesha "Cupcake" Tate's new baking series Dangerously Sweet.
1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix (Duncan Hines)
3 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/4 Cups Water
1/2 teaspoon Espresso powder or Instant coffee
Strawberries for garnish
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1/4 pound Unsalted butter at room temperature (1stick)
8 ounces softened cream cheese (1 package)
1 lbs Confectioners' Sugar (4 cups)
1 tsp. Vanilla or Vanilla Bean to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare Red Velvet Mix according to the directions.
- Sprinkle a little bit of esspresso powder or instant coffee grounds into each heart shaped cavity before pouring in the cake batter.
- Fill each heart shaped mold half full of batter. Approximately 1.5 oz.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before removing them from the silicone mold.
- In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla together on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and beat until smooooooth.
- Fill your pastry bag (using an Open Circle decorating tip or polycarbonate tube) with the cream cheese frosting.
- Cut, tort or trim each heart in to 2 or 3 layers depending on your preference.
- Pipe small or medium sized dots of cream cheese frosting on top of each layer.
- Stack 2, 3 or 4 layers high and garnish with stawberry slices!
Look for more episodes of Dangerously Sweet coming soon on The Miesha Tate Show or on Fat Daddio's Youtube channel.