These seasonal favorites are perfect with a cup of apple cider!
Mini doughnut baking pan
Mixer or egg beater
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick of softened butter
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons heavy cream
Water by the teaspoon as needed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease your mini doughnut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Beat sugar and butter with mixer. Blend in pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in flour and dry ingredients.
- Chill your dough for a few hours, and then form dough into one inch balls. Press the balls down into the well of your mini doughnut baking pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the baked doughnut to cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes. Once the baking pan is cool enough to handle, take them out. Transfer the mini doughnut to a cooling rack, and then dip the tops in the icing. Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the tops while the icing is still wet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with the heavy cream. Add water one teaspoon at a time (whisking in between) until you reach the desired consistency (thinner than normal frosting, like an icing). Add your vanilla extract and stir.
Get inspired: Fall Baking