- Small off-set spatula (Fat Daddio's SPAT)
- Small bowl
- A little bit of the fondant you’re using to cover the cake
- After you’ve covered your cake in fondant, locate the patches that need repair.
- Create your gunge. Put a small amount of fondant in your bowl (a little larger than the size of a cherry). Add water ¼ tsp at a time, mixing it into the fondant with your offset spatula after each addition.
- Continue adding water and mixing until your fondant is the consistency of toothpaste.
- Apply to your cake like spackle, smoothing over problem areas.
- Make sure you do it as soon as you use your fondant, not later. The color of your set fondant may not match your gunge otherwise.
Once the cake dries, you should have a smooth, flawless surface to decorate.
Did you know? Fat Daddio's Pro Series Fondant pails and bags are made from UV material to protect against heat and light exposure. This preserves flavors and colors.