Ever fill up on the breadbasket before dinner? Yeah, these are that good! These sourdough rolls go well with just about any type of soup, they're so good, you can eat them all alone!
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 -4 cups all-purpose flour
- Place silicone baking mat in the 9 x 13" baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine starter, water, yeast, salt, sugar and oil. Stir in flour, adding flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough is manageable.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead well.
- Place dough in a bowl and cover, set in a warm place to double in size.
- When double, punch dough down and with lightly floured hands, form into rolls.
- Place on prepared pan and let rise until doubled. Preheat oven at 375 F. Once doubled, bake approximately 20 minutes.
- Last 5 minutes of baking, brush with melted butter and return to oven.
- Let cool slightly, serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Food.com
For more inspiration, visit our Bread board on Pinterest.