SpicedBlog developed an amazingly tasty tart by using his trusty spinach dip recipe.
Spinach Artichoke Tart
developed by SpicedBlog
2 batches of pie dough (homemade or unbaked store-bought 9" pie crusts)
2 (10-oz) boxes frozen spinach
4 Tbsp (2 oz.) unsalted butter
¾ cup white onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ Tbsp lemon juice
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
1 tsp salt
½ tsp paprika
2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Press the pie dough into the 12” tart pan. Using a fork, prick the dough in regular 2" intervals. (This will prevent dough from puffing up too much while baking.)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove the tart pan from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, press the spinach into a colander to drain out as much water as possible. Set spinach aside.
- Using a large frying pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, diced artichokes, salt, paprika, sundried tomatoes and drained spinach. Continue cooking over medium-low heat until mixture begins to simmer (~5 minutes).
- Spread mixture evenly into the tart pan. Sprinkle top with Monterey Jack or pepper jack cheese. Place tart in 375°F oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted.
- Let tart cool slightly and then remove it from the pan. Slice into squares before serving.
COPYRIGHT © 2015 SPICED