If you have ever visited our Global Headquarters, you would know that we take our sports seriously, and our big game day food even more serious! Buffalo chicken wings and drumsticks are a must have. Through a lot of taste tests, and time in the test kitchen, we have come up with our favorite buffalo chicken recipe. They're spicy, not too spicy though. Because you wouldn't want to see a Fat Daddio cry.
Fat Daddio's Buffalo Chicken Wings and Drums
Ziploc bag, large
12 whole chicken wings (about 2lbs)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1 cup Durkee's Red Hot
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed or honey
1 bottle (8oz) blue cheese dressing
QUICK TIP: Clean up is easy when you use a silicone baking mat. The chicken grease wipes right off. No scraping or soaking!
- Heat oven to 425F. Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces. Discard tip and excess skin.
- In large Ziploc bag, mix flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt and paprika. Add chicken; seal bag tightly. Shake until chicken is completely coated. Place chicken on silicone baking mat lined in sheet pan.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes. In the meantime, stir Durkee's Red Hot and brown sugar (or honey) in a small bowl until well mixed. Turn chicken with tongs. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until light golden brown on outside and juice of chicken is clear when the thickest part is cut to bone (180F).
- Remove chicken from bowl and toss with sauce in mixing bowl.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing, carrot and celery sticks.
For more inspiration, visit our Appetizer board on Pinterest.