This is a classic cookie recipe that is simple to bake, and even easier to watch disappear.
Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- With your electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg. Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. (For chewier cookies, bake at 275°F for 15 minutes).
- Place silicone baking mat on cookie sheet. Using cookie scoop, portion dough about 3" apart on cookie sheet. Use fork to flatten in crisscross pattern.
- Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
For more inspiration, visit our A Cookie A Day Pinterest board.