3/4 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; mix into the egg mixture. Stir in the hazelnuts.
- Shape dough into two equal logs approximately 12" long. Place logs on baking sheet, and flatten out to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for about 30 minute, or until edges are golden and the center is firm.
- Remove from oven to cool on the pans. When loaves are cool enough to handle, remove from cookie sheet to cutting board. Use a serrated knife to slice the loaves diagonally into 1/2" thick slices. Return the slices to the baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, turning over once. Cool completely, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.