I ran across the best cookie recipe! Cut out cookies made with chocolate! Of course I got to work and created a batch immediately. They are delicious plain, and decadent when decorated.
Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
QUICK TIP: Place your stainless steel rolling rod in the refrigerator along with your dough. This will make it much easier to roll out.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325F. On lightly floured silicone baking mat, roll small portion of dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched. lightly.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet after 5 minutes to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Frost with Buttercream frosting and decorate.
Recipe courtesy of Hersheys.com
For more inspiration, check out our A Cookie A Day board on Pinterest.