Cake pops are so simple to make and are the perfect alternative to cupcakes. All you need is a box of cake mix, some frosting and a little creativity. These adorable Easter eggs will make an adorable edible centerpiece.
1 box of cake mix, any flavor
1 can of premade frosting, any flavor
Bake a 13x9-inch cake, according to recipe on box. Allow it to cool completely before moving on.
- Crumble the cake into a large bowl. Gradually add frosting, mixing it into the cake crumbs. Continue adding the frosting until you have incorporated the entire can.
- Form the mixture into eggs the size of your choice and place onto a silicone baking mat lined on cookie sheet.
- Place lollipop sticks about halfway into the eggs. Cover the tray of cake pops and place them inside the freezer for about a half-hour so that they can firm up.
- Roll out fondant into a 1/4" disk, enough to cover cake pop. Smooth over top and pinch at stick. Now get creative!
- Place the end of the lollipop stick inside a piece of polystyrene foam for display.
Recipe adapted from ehow.com
For more inspiration, visit our Holiday Fun board on Pinterest.