Cake rings are used by professionals to create everything from cakes, to pastries to mousses. When you bake with them, it is similar to using a baking pan, with a few adjustments. Fat Daddio's has 15 shapes to choose from, and they come in hundreds of sizes.
Mini Heart Cheesecakes
2 cups regular or chocolate graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons white sugar
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon melted butter
1 pkg of 10 oz frozen strawberries (fresh can be substituted)
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ cup water
2 ½ cups white chocolate chips
2/3 cup half and half
3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, SOFTENED
2/3 cups white sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a cookie sheet with the silicone baking mat. Grease the insides of the heart rings with butter. Place heart-shaped rings on top of mat evenly on the cookie sheet. (Once you have filled the rings, you will not be able to move them or they will leak!)
- In a mixing bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. When completely blended, press mixture into the bottom of the baking rings as well as pressing up the sides about ¼” high.
Quick Tip: When pressing against the side, you can hand press the crumbs along the wall of the ring and then use a rolling rod to push against the wall to evenly spread and smooth the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a saucepan, combine all strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- In a stainless steel mixing bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the white chocolate chips along with the 2/3 cup of half and half until completely blended. Stir constantly and remove from heat as soon as well blended to avoid scorching.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the SOFTENED cream cheese and ½ cup sugar until smooth and well incorporated. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add in the vanilla and then the melted white chocolate until well mixed. Pour ingredients onto the crusts in the rings.
- Carefully place cookie sheet in oven. Bake for 5 minutes at 350 F then reduce oven temperature to 325 F for an additional 15 minutes of baking time (total of 20 minutes combined).
- Cakes will be ready when the middle is slightly firm and cheesecakes “jiggle” a bit.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Allow cheesecakes to cool completely in the rings. Pour strawberry puree onto the top of the cooled cheesecake to create a glazed surface.
- Place cooled cheesecakes in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator and run knife around the edge of the cheesecakes to loosen. Lift off rings. Serve.
For more inspiration, visit our Holiday Fun board on Pinterest.