Candy Corn Cookies
Microwave safe bowl or double boiler
Stand mixer with paddle attachment
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup dutch processed cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp table salt
16 oz good quality semisweet chocolate chips
4 large eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tsp instant coffee granules
10 TB salted butter, softened
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
⅓ cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the four, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power for 2 minutes, stir, and continue heating until melted, stirring each minute. (Alternatively do this in a bowl set over saucepan of simmering water stirring until melted.)
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Sprinkle coffee powder to dissolve. Set Aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars at medium until combined, 1 minute. Mixture may be gritty. Decrease to low speed, add egg mixture, and mix to incorporate, 1 min.
- Add melted chocolate in a steady stream, mixing until combined, 1 minute, scraping down bowl and beater as needed.
- With mixer still on low, add dry ingredients gradually and gently mix just until combined, without over beating.
- With rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge at least 1 hour or until scoop-able.
- Adjust oven to lower middle position, at 350F. Line cookie sheet with silicone baking mat.
- Divide dough into balls about 1½ inch in diameter. Set balls on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Slightly flatten dough balls.
- Bake just until edges are begun to set but centers are still very soft, 8-9 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet 10 minutes. Carefully transfer to cooling rack. Press in three pieces of candy corn on the top in a triangle shape (or whichever shape you prefer)! Let cool.
- Store in airtight container at room temp.
Check out other great ideas Halloweeen!