1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 whole eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
EXTRA if desired:
½ cup walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts (chopped)
½ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, or white)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease and flour an 8" square pan. (We recommend 8x8x3, but 8x8x2 should work also).
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, let cool, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When brownies are done, let cool. Using the Star of David cookie cutter, cut shapes out of your brownies. These brownies can be frosted and decorated as you want, or are delicious as is.
Try This: Brownie scraps make great cake balls or truffles when dipped in melted chocolates.