I'm a planner. I've always got a grocery list, a weekly menu and a "to-do list" handy. I love to cross things off the list when I'm done with them. In fact, I'll even write something on the list that I've already completed, just so I can cross it off! Sadly, this planning addiction has not carried down to all my children. They don't mind surprising me with a last minute dessert that they need for a potluck. "Oh, by the way mom, I need a dessert for tonight." I've heard this more than once while dropping them off at school. It's a good thing that I've tweaked a few recipes that can be made in a jiff. Here is one of my favorites, Chocolate Mint Cake. It's made with 1 box of cake mix, a few additions, and no decorating needed. Trust me. It's simple and a crowd favorite. And yes, I added this to my to-do list, and then quickly crossed it off when it was finished!
Last Minute Dessert Chocolate Mint Cake
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 (12 ounce) package mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a ring mold pan. (Or use Baker's Joy).
- Mix all ingredients (except mint chocolate chips) for 4 minutes with mixer.
- Add mint chocolate chips and mix by hand until incorporated.
- Pour batter in prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on cooling rack before removing from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Quick Tip: There are so many possibilities with 1 box of cake mix. Always keep one handy in the pantry.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
For more inspiration, visit our Ring Cakes board on Pinterest.