Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookie sheet (Fat Daddio's- CS)
Silicone baking mat (Fat Daddio's-SM)
Stand mixer with paddle attachment
Cookie scoop (Fat Daddio's SC-35)
Cooling rack (Fat Daddio's- CR)
Cookie spatula (Fat Daddio's-SPAT)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place a silicone baking mat on a cookie sheet.
2. Cream shortening, butter, sugar, and brown sugar together for 2-3 minutes, stopping to scrape bowl every minute or so.
3. If using a stand mixer, keep mixing on medium/low speed and add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition until fully incorporated. The dough should start looking a little fluffy. After the eggs, add in the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
4. Turn mixer to low speed and add the flour one cup at a time, adding more by tablespoon until you get to the desired consistency. The dough should be soft, slightly firm, and barely stick to your fingers.
5. Stop mixer and stir chocolate chips in by hand.
6. With a scoop portion dough onto cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 8 minutes.
8. Cool on cooling rack. Remove with cookie spatula.
For more inspiration, visit our A Cookie A Day Pinterest board.