Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust
4 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 60 cookies)
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1 lb. cream cheese, softened
½ cup packed light brown sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon*
¼ tsp. kosher salt
⅛ tsp. ground allspice*
⅛ tsp. ground cloves*
¾ cup fresh or canned pumpkin purée
*Subsequently, substitute 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice for these three spices.
- Heat oven to 325°. Mix gingersnaps and butter in a bowl; press crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 10" springform or tart pan. Bake until crust is just set, 8–10 minutes; let cool.
- Pass grated ginger through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing on and discarding solids; set ginger extract aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and cloves in a bowl until combined. Beat in reserved ginger extract and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth top with a rubber spatula. Bake until lightly browned on top and center of filling is just set, about 30 minutes. TIP: Place a pan, half filled with water on the bottom of the over while baking. This creates a moist environment for your cheesecake to bake evenly.
- Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
For more inspiration Say "Cheese" Cake.