I like to try making new recipes, but sometimes I'm short on time, and can't experiment in the kitchen. That's okay, because I can always take a tried-and-true recipe and give it a twist. For example, this is a simple twist on the chocolate cutout cookies that I made at Christmas. I decided to make smaller cookies, create a filling and put them on a stick. Voila, heart shaped cookie pops!
Hearts on a Stick
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
QUICK TIP: Place your stainless steel rolling rod in the refrigerator along with your dough. This will make it much easier to roll out.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. On lightly floured silicone baking mat, roll small portion of dough at a time to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into hearts with cookie cutters; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched. lightly.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet after 5 minutes to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Fill with Buttercream frosting add sucker stick. Decorate.