Silicone Bakeware CareHow to clean and maintain your silicone bakeware.
Silicone Baking Mats are one tool every kitchen needs. They are ideal for bacon, roasting peppers, baking a chicken, cookies, pie pastries and breads.
Caring for your Silicone
- Use in the freezer, oven and on the counter.
- Line microwave bottom for easy clean-up from foods that boil over or spill.
- Roll out pastry dough without flouring the surface.
- Flash-freeze cupcakes without sticking to the tray.
- Bake cookies that will slide right off once cooled.
Silicone bakeware helps prevent the need to use single-use parchment paper or greasy aerosol sprays to keep food and desserts from sticking. Also, food baked with silicone bakeware contains less fat because you do not need grease or oil to create a non-stick coating.
Baking Mat Care Instructions
Fat Daddio’s food-safe Baking Mats are temperature resistant from -40°-600° F (-40° C-315° C).
- After each use, wash by hand with warm soapy water or load in the top rack of your dishwasher.
- Store flat or rolled. NEVER fold.
Clean your silicone bakeware with a paste made from white vinegar and baking soda. Let sit 10 minutes, then rinse.
- Sprinkle a light layer of baking soda on the top of your baking mat.
- Take 1/2 of a lemon and rub over the baking mat. This will create a paste. Scrub gently.
- Let paste sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse paste off with warm water.
- Allow to dry completely.