- Margarine, 2 sticks
- Shortening, ¾ lb (12 ounces)
- Cocoa powder, 5 oz
- Butter vanilla flavoring, ½-1 tsp
- Water, ¾ cup
- Powdered sugar, 3 lbs
1. Blend margarine and shortening in bowl on low-medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape bowl, continue to blend for another 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is well-blended.
2. Scrape down the bowl. Change speed to low. Add cocoa, flavoring and about half of the water with 1 pound of powdered sugar. Pulse mixer 5-10 times to blend. Mix 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Mix another 2-5 mins. Scrape bowl again.
3. Add remaining sugar and water. Pulse mixer 5-10 times to blend. Scrape bowl. Mix 3-5 minutes or until all ingredients are well-blended and icing is smooth.