A recipe by Stephanie Niemis
Ice cream is how we summer – particularly when it’s sandwiched between two gooey, golden chocolate chip cookies! These Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches by @healthyholme are a real treat to beat the summer heat. ☀️
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup Selva Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 gallon of your favorite ice cream
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Micro Drops
- Mix together the coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla, and egg. Add the coconut sugar, flours, and baking soda and mix.
- Divide the dough into 12 flat, large cookies (I used @fatdaddios small stainless steel pastry ring to help flatten and keep the size uniform).
- Add the Selva Chocolate Chips and bake for 12 minutes, until the edges turn golden. Cool completely.
- Once cool, sandwich ice cream between the two cookies using an ice cream scoop or the steel pastry ring.
- Roll the sandwich in the Dark Chocolate Micro Drops. A spoon helps get the chocolate chips in the hard to reach places.
- Place in the freezer while assembling the 5 remaining ice cream cookie sandwiches. Enjoy!
*Using a pastry ring to mold the cookie dough and the ice cream filling will help keep your ice cream sandwich size uniform. You also simply shape your cookies by hand and use an ice cream scoop for the ice cream filling, if you prefer.