Most turtle cheesecakes use chocolatey cheese. This one features a more traditional cream cheese. A bit lighter, and still oh so rich!
- Springform or removable-bottom cheesecake pan (Fat Daddio’s PSF-93 or PCC-93)
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Food processor or blender
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs, 2 cups
- Butter, 6 Tbsp.
- Caramels, 1 pkg.
- Milk, 1/2 cup
- Pecan pieces, 1 cup
- Cream cheese, softened (3 oz. ea.), 3 pkg
- Sugar, 3/4 cup
- Vanilla, 1 Tbsp.
- Eggs, 3 ea.
- Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking chocolate, 2 sq; or prepared fudge drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 325° F (163° C).
- If you are unable to find pre-made Oreo cookie crumbs, you can make your own. Buy the Oreo cookies, remove the centers and place them in a food processor or blender.
- Mix crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom and up 2 inches the sides of your pan.
- Place caramels and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted. Stir after each minute.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of pecans. Pour half of the mixture onto the crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Cover remaining caramel for later use (you can refrigerate if you won’t be using it right away).
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until blended. Pour caramel over crust.
- Bake 65 minutes or until center is nearly set. Loosen sides from pan (if using a springform), cool before removing. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Microwave caramel for 1 minute. Pour over cheesecake.
- Drizzle fudge on top. Sprinkle remaining pecans over the fudge.
Tip: You can place a pan, filled with 1-2 inches of water on the bottom rack in the oven to create a moist baking environment.