White heart cake with strawberry filling and topped with strawberries perfect for Valentines’ Day, weddings, anniversaries and other celebrations! Prep your cake pan and use a box of white cake mix or a simple recipe.
- Heart Cake Pan (PHT-63)
- Cake Knife (CK-10)
- Small Offset Spatula (SPAT-4OS)
- Decorating Tip Set & Pastry Bag (SPET-008)
- Cooling Rack (CR-HALF)
- Silicone Work Mat (SFM-2436 or SM-HALF)
- Turntable (TT-122APS)
- Bench Scraper (BS-57)
- Heart Cookie & Pastry Cutter (CKC-2065)
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen), 2 ½ cups
- Cornstarch, 3 tbsp
- White sugar, ¾ cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Whisk water and cornstarch together in a large saucepan
- Stir strawberries and sugar into the water mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely before use.
- If you want a smooth filling, you can use your immersion blender to blend the jam to get rid of any remaining chunks of strawberries.
Stabilized Whipped Cream
- Heavy whipping cream, 12 oz (340 g) + 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar, 2 oz (57 g)
- Gelatin powder (unflavored), 1 tsp
- Water (cold), 1½ tsp
- Vanilla, 1 tsp
- Sprinkle your gelatin over the water and allow to stand for 5 mins.
- Melt gelatin in the microwave for 5 seconds. Mix to ensure that there are no granules of unmelted gelatin.
- After dissolving your gelatin, add in 1 tsp of heavy whipping cream and mix. If your gelatin is too cold, heat again until just melted.
- In a cold mixing bowl, whip your 12 oz heavy cream for 15 seconds on medium speed until it is foamy.
- Add in your powdered sugar and vanilla and continue mixing on medium speed until you reach very soft peaks, barely holding their shape.
- Turn mixer to low, and slowly drizzle in your gelatin mix. Continue mixing on medium speed until your peaks are firm and holding their shape. Don’t overmix to the point of where the cream looks chunky or begins to turn into butter.