Decedent chocolate heart cake with raspberry filling and topped with raspberries perfect for Valentines’ Day, weddings, anniversaries and other celebrations! Prep your cake pan and use a box of chocolate cake mix or a simple recipe.
- Heart Cake Pan (PHT-63)
- Cake Knife (CK-10)
- Small Offset Spatula (SPAT-4OS)
- Decorating Tip Set & Pastry Bag (SPET-008)
- Cooling Rack (CR-HALF)
- Silicone Work Mat (SFM-2436 or SM-HALF)
- Turntable (TT-122APS)
- Bench Scraper (BS-57)
- Heart Cookie & Pastry Cutter (CKC-2065)
Raspberry Jam Filling
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen), 1 ½ cups
- Cornstarch, 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Sugar, ¼ cup
1. In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients and slowly bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Keep stirring until thickened for best results. For a smoother texture, you can use your immersion blender.
2. Allow to cool completely before spreading onto cake.
Make your Chocolate Buttercream. Spread a thin crumb coat over the surface of the cake. Apply desired amount of chocolate buttercream over crumb coat layer of cake.