This is a delicious no-bake pie for summer barbecues and pool parties. All the flavor, none of the heat.
Key Lime Pie
This recipe makes one key-lime pie, substitute any fruit or cream filling recipe you might have for other great pie flavors.
- 9” Pie Pan (Fat Daddio’s PIE-9)
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Electric mixer
INGREDIENTS: Graham Cracker crust
- Graham cracker crumbs (about 10 graham crackers), 1 ½ cups
- Melted butter (unsalted), 7 tbsp
- Packed brown sugar, ¼ cup
- Salt, 1/8 tsp
- Stir graham crackers, brown sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir in until everything is evenly combined.
- Press mixture into 9” pie pan firmly (sometimes using something like the bottom of a water glass can help to press against the pie pan). Make sure it is evenly dispersed along the bottom and up the pan walls.
- Refrigerate pie crust for at least an hour. This helps it set the way baking does only without the oven.
KEY LIME FILLING:
- Sweetened condensed milk, 1 can (14 oz.)
- Lime juice, 1/2 cup
- Grated lime peel, 1 tsp
- Whipped cream, 2 cups
- Beat sweetened condensed milk and lime juice in a small bowl until they are combined. Slowly stir in lime peel.
- Pull out your graham cracker crust from earlier (or store-bought works too). Pour the filling from step one into the crust.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly on top.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, or until the filling is set.